who is eligible to join?
For the safety of all the canine campers who participate, new enrollees must meet the following requirements:
- In good physical health
- Must be spayed or neutered
- Current on all vaccinations
- Must enjoy socializing with other dogs
- Must be at least 10 months old (< 10 months considered case-by-case)
- Receiving monthly anti-flea medication (i.e. Advantage, Frontline, Comfortis)
- Fecal exam in the past 6 months
- Weigh a minimum of 15lbs
- Must not show any signs of aggression
- Knows basic commands such as 'sit' and 'come'
- We pickup/dropoff dogs in Long Beach & Seal Beach only
Alpha's Doggie Daycamp isn't for everyone.
Some dogs because of their health, age and/or temperament simply aren't good candidates for this program and that's OK! Perhaps dog walking or behavioral training would be better for you. You're welcome to re-assess at a later date when your dog might be more suited to Doggie Daycamp.